Monday, November 2, 2009

Candy Cocktails Kit...

I've had this kit for a while and I love it. I pre-ordered it when I attended a bareEscentuals Master Class Event this past September. I ordered this and one other kit which I haven't had a chance to feature or do a review on- so stay tune!

If anyone is not familiar with the bareMinerals line or bareEscentuals, essentially they are a cosmetics company that sells mineral products from their #1 foundation (Original,
new Matte Formula- see post under Foundation) to eye shadow to lipgloss to skincare (Rare Minerals line) to suncare. If you haven't given it a try, I suggest you do because their products are really good for your skin.

bareMinerals is also known for putting out certain kits throughout the year. Some kits are exclusives and can only be purchased from certain retailers such as Sephora, Ulta, QVC and bareEscentuals boutique. Some can also be purchased at department stores such as Macy's and Nordstrom. The particular kit I'm featuring below is one of the newer kits coming out and I believe will be sold at bareEscentuals boutiques (November). If you haven't guessed, it is called the Candy Cocktails Kit! This kit is packaged in a small box and contains: 4 mini size eyeshadows (0.01 oz each) and 1 mini eye shadow quickie brush. The names are cute as well and are named after alcoholic drinks. The back of the box has a recipe which features the contents inside but made to look like directions for making a cocktail drink.
Candy Cocktails Kit, $28
Back of the box featuring a "cocktail" recipe

(picture taken without a flash)
Eyeshadows used:
all over lid: Strawbetty Daiquiri
crease: Kir Royale
brow highlight: MAC Brule
(picture taken with flash)

Contents include:
Top Row, Left to Right: Strawberry Daiquiri, Kir Royale
Middle Row: Small eye quickie brush
Bottom Row, Left to Right: Long Island Iced Tea, Mojito
Here's a swatch from Left to Right:
Strawberry Daiquiri, Kir Royale, Long Island Iced Tea & Mojito
On to color description: None of the eyeshadows, in my opinion, are glittery or contains glitters or are of glimmer textures. The colors have more of a sheen to them as oppose to glitter texture. When applied, either wet or dry, the colors come out really pigmented and vibrant. The pictures above are shown applied dry and the colors came out great.
I would describe Strawberry Daiquiri as a soft, sheen pink. You can layer as much as you like to get the desired effect. Kir Royale is a deep purple shade- so gorgeous! I like to pair Strawberry Daiquiri and Kir Royale together (as shown above). Long Island Iced Tea is a tan, light brown color- great for all-over lid as well as crease color. Mojito is like a soft shade version of a sage green. It has a nice, soft sheen to it that can be layered as well. I have yet to use Long Island Iced Tea and Mojito but will definitely post pictures if I do and what I think of them.
As for application, I'm not a big fan of using the small brush that came with this kit. I prefer to use the full size brushes whether it's from the bareEscentuals line or from MAC. I think you get the desired effect and color when using the right tools. Some brushes that can be used include the: BE (short for bareEscentuals) Wet/Dry shadow brush, Tapered Crease Brush, MAC's 239 brush or MAC 217. If applying wet, I like to use MAC's Fix+. I tap a small amount of color on the lid, spray my brush with Fix+ and dip into lid for color and apply on eye lid by tapping on color.
bareMinerals products can be purschased from the following:
www.bareescentuals.com (Check out their new website!)
www.qvc.com (Tune in November 7th for brand new holiday products & new TSV)
www.sephora.com (F & F Sale going on until November 2nd. Use code: FF2009)
I hope this review was helpful. If you have any questions, suggestions or would like to share your bareMinerals experience, please post comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...