Sunday, November 13, 2011

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters: Haul, Swatches & Review

The new line from Revlon is all the rage right now. Here are my picks from Revlon's Color Burst Lip Butters.
I happen to see an almost half empty display when I went to Rite Aid a couple of weeks ago. I was about to pass up on this but the packaging caught my eye. There wasn't much on the display so I only bought one at first (Sugar Plum). I was hesitant to pick more than one because as with any new product, it's hard to determine color, texture and whether you'll like at all just by looking at the packaging. Besides, I like to swatch everything as much as I can. Anyway, I went back to Rite Aid to buy one more and the rest I bought at CVS. In total, I have 6 Lip Butters:
From L to R: Lollipop, Candy Apple, Sugar Plum, Red Velvet, Raspberry Pie, Cherry Tart



Here are my thoughts on the Lip Butters: 
  • Packaging is great. It's practical and gives you an idea and visual of what the product looks like.
  • Translucent tube with an argyle, triangular pattern (just like the regular colorburst lipstick packaging)
  • Love the fact that the tops of the cover is clear so you can see the color inside
  • It's a cross between a lipstick, lip balm and lip gloss
  • They are moisturizing, creamy, non-sticky and very pigmented (not all are sheer as they might seem)
  • There's a very slight vanilla scent
  • Comes in a variety of colors from nude, light pastel to bright and then deep shade
  • Contains good for you ingredients: jojoba  seed oil, shea butter, mango butter
  • The wear is about 2 hours for me but I don't mind re-applying
  • Comes in 20 shades (more for us to choose from! Yay!)



Lollipop: bright fuschia pink with a hint of lavender
Candy Apple: slight deeper shimmery red
Sugar Plum: sheer mauve pink
Red Velvet: deep shimmery burgundy
Raspberry Pie: bright berry pink
Cherry Tart: shimmery pinky red

Overall verdict:
I love! I can't wait to get more! Ha ha! I love these so much that I got my cousin in Australia some too...
I'm on the hunt for a couple more which seem to be sold out at every drugstore I went to. I highly recommend these if you are contemplating on getting them. As far as I know, these are not limited edition so you'll find them at your nearest drugstore. I found mine at Rite and CVS. I hear that Target and Walgreens are starting to sell as well but I haven't seem them at my local Target or Walgreens.

Price range: between $6 - $8. Take advantage if there's a sale or special deal such as buy 1 get 1 half off kind of thing.


Availability: Rite Aid, CVS Pharmacy (keep an eye out at your local Target, Walgreens, Walmart & KMart if  you have them in your area)

Have you tried the Lip Butters yet?

xoxo, Lynn

2 comments:

  1. amazing review, Im gonna have to try it out!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, try these out! They are awesome! Let me know what you end up getting:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...