Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Revlon ColorStay Eyeshadow Quad in Addictive #500, Swatch & Review

Lately, I've been reaching for this eyeshadow quad from Revlon whenever I would do my eye makeup. It has become a staple and something that I'm wearing again almost everyday. This is the Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow quad in Addictive #500. It's a very nice and simple neutral quad that is perfect for everyday. This is one of the many eyeshadow quads that Revlon released last year. I did pick up a few but I find myself using this eyeshadow a lot more lately. I did already feature this quad in a January favorites post here



This is what the colors look like in natural light

The colors are very neutral but provide a good color payoff. The upper left is more of a peachy beige, upper right: a light taupe, bottom left: medium taupe and bottom right: a matte dark brown. There are no shimmers at all in this palette. All the colors are matte.

What I've been doing lately is mixing the light and medium taupe and applying the colors across the lid. Then I apply the peachy beige as highlight on the inner corners on the eye as well as underneath the brow bone. To give my eyes more definition and a smokier effect, I add the dark brown on the outer V of  the eye and blending a bit above the crease. I then use a blending brush and I blend the colors together for a smooth finish. 



Like I said this has been a go-to quad lately. I use it everyday when I don't want to fuss searching for colors to wear that day. I slap it on and go.

I bought this quad a while back at Rite Aid. It retailed for $6.99 at the time. You can find this eyeshadow quad everywhere now- just check your local drugstore and Target.

Eye Makeup Worn in this picture:
Sephora eye brow pencil in Medium Brown
NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Primer
MAC Nubile Paint Pot
Revlon ColorStay eyeshadow quad in Addictive #500
Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara in Black


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...