Monday, February 6, 2012

January Favorites: Makeup, Skincare, Perfume & Shoes...Oh my!!!!

Feeling under the weather today so bear with me and I'll try to go through my favorites as fast as I can.
Here goes....
I'm quite proud of my January favorites because the items are few and are the ones I used almost every single day. The following products that I have been using are kept to a minimum yet simple makeup routine. I have been trying a lot of drugstore products this past month and below are the items I used and what I think of them.

First, eyes. This past month I have been keeping the eye makeup to a minimum yet simple routine. I have been loving the Revlon Color Stay Quad in #500 Addictive. Very wearable neutral shades.
I have been also loving the new L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow in #890 Amber Rush. I would apply Amber Rush all over the lid and it gives a nice pop of color to the lid. Perfect to wear by itself as well. To keep the eyelid colors in place, I put Nubile paint pot first all over the lid.




I have also been loving Revlon Colorstay Gel Liner in #002 Brun. The applicator it came with works quite well. This has great staying power. It last on me for a good 8 hour. The Revlon gel liners also comes in two other shades: Black and Plum.

What I have been truly loving this month is the Tarte Amazonian clay long-wear blush in Amused. I know the color looks scary bright. But on my very tan skin, the blush gives my cheeks a nice bright pop of color. Love!

I absolutely been loving the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream in Medium/Deep. This has been a dream to use. I have been wanting to try B.B creams for the longest time except I could never find the right shade. I'm way tan and most, if not all B.B. creams are very light. I'm very glad I found this and in the perfect shade as well. I have been using this the entire month of January and will continue to do so until I run out. And then purchase another one too!

So....brushes. I have been the above 3. The stippling brush from Crown brush: C406 Lg Duo Face, Eco tools all over face powder brush and Sigma Angled Top Kabuki - F84.  The Crown brush I use to apply the Tarte Amazonian clay blush, the Eco tools brush  to apply the bottom product I'm about to show & the Sigma brush to apply the B.B. cream.

Next, after applying the B.B. cream, I dust Laura Mercier Transluscent setting powder. It pulls the whole look together and keep the B.B. cream nicely in place.

Oh, I have been really loving the Pangea Organics Facial Cleanser in Australian Wild Plum & Willow. I got this sample cleanser in my Birchbox a while back but have never given it a try until now. Surprise, Surprise! Me Loves! I am actually out of this so I'm making a full size purchase on Amazon later on. I thought I could get this at Whole Food Market but I didn't find it there either:( Anyway, I believe this particular formula is meant for someone with Combination/Oily skin. I have very oily skin and this one works pretty well for me.

Being that it's winter, I have been experiencing dry, chapped lips. These ones from Burt Bees work fine. It's awesome or anything but both are very nourishing for my dry lips.

One other thing that's been plaguing me this past month is itchy. I take it to be an winter itch - so I've loaded myself with anti-itch products. What has been working wonderfully is this Eucerin duo: Calming Body Wash followed by the Calming Itch-Relief treatment. So far it's working. Just recently at Walgreens, it's buy 1 get 1 50% off. Of course I stocked up!

And yes! I finally found the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess 2 summer's ago collection??? I think? Finally, bought myself a bottle when I went to outlets CCO or Cosmetics Company Outlet. I bought this for $41.25...versus the original retail price of $55 USD. I love this scent. Will save for another blog post review.

And one last thing...my favorite purple suede loafer that I also got at the outlets. I bought this at the Naturalizer store. Really love this...great for everyday to dress down or dress up at an outfit.

So, that's all my favorites. What have you been loving this month?

xoxo,
Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Those everything is perfect for skin and hair care, Especially i use Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream. I like this every product which you share above.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...