Monday, June 20, 2011

Nordstrom Trend Show

Two weekends ago, I attended the Nordstrom Trend Show event. I was emailed an invite by the new Dior Cosmetics counter manager. The Trendshow was on 06/11. You pay a $15 fee that will go towards your purchase (in my case Dior products- which I will post after this)
The show started at 8:30 and went for about an hour.
Basically, it is a "fashion" show but for makeup. A variety of makeup brands that are sold in Nordstrom were there. You can set up an appointment to get a makeover from your choice of makeup counters. There were so many people that it was kind of hard to take pics. Plus, I got there late at the start and had to be ushered quickly to the 4th floor of Nordstrom where the show was held. Anyway, I had a lot of fun. We were allowed to take pics and tweet about the event. There were also product giveaways if they pick a card with your name on it. There were also fellow beauty bloggers there. It's an event that I will attend again in the future.
Pictures of the event are below.
Overall, it was a fun experience.

A really buff guy showing off his tan:)

MAC featuring their product ( I think it was a tanning cream)

NARS

Makeup artist from Guerlain holding up a "spanx for your face" product as she calls it

Makeup artist from Dior

With Anastasia of Beverly Hills herself making a personal appearance (right)
Anastasia's makeover section was lined with so many people!

A quick view from the audience at the show

The view from the down escalator to the main event
This is a MAC class being set up for 11AM

At Guerlain station

Burberry Counter

My FOTD makeover from Dior
very natural using #030 Incognito Quint
I'm going to end this post with my outfit of the day.
Kept it simple with skinny jeans, a coral tank and wrap sweater from Forever21 and flats

I'll post pictures of what I bought next...not much. Plus whatever was included in our goody bag:)
P.S. If that I didn't have a car emergency and another party to go to, I certainly would have stayed all day.
Plus, I stopped by at the Bare Escentuals Boutique for a free giveaway..more on that later!

xoxo, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...