Friday, December 30, 2011

Glitter & Gold Nail of the Day

Can't believe 2011 is almost over! This will be my last nail post of the year. I've been craving anything gold & sparkly lately. So, while I was at Ulta, I was on the hunt for that perfect gold color- nothing that is heavy glitter but sparkly enough. I found the perfect combo with Butter London's West End Wonderland and The Old Bill. 
The Old Bill is a nice satin, rose gold tone nail lacquer. West End Wonderland has a gold, red glitter running through it. The glitter isn't chunky- very fine, the kind of glitter finish that I like. And if you look up close, you can really see the red specks of red glitter. These two together make a great nail combo- perfect for the New Year!

I decided to sneak in a simple eye look I did today while I briefly went to work. I finally used my duo shadow from Hard Candy called Rush Hour. One side has a peach tone and the other side has a dark shimmer brown. When applied to the eye, it isn't actually that shimmery. I added the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette color in Blackout to give more definition on the outer crease/lash line. I skipped the mascara...(would be lazy removing any trace of it later). I finished the look using the Bare Minerals READY SPF 15 Touch Up Veil in Translucent and lips with Revlon Color Burst Lip Balm in Pink Truffle.


Wow 2012 is almost here! I'm excited are you??? I will be doing my last post for 2011 tomorrow...and ending the year the my beauty picks for 2011!!!!

What made your list this year?


Where to buy info:
Nail lacquers can be purchased here: Butter London or Ulta or Nordstrom
Each nail lacquers retail for $18 US each. I almost forgot to mention, I got both the Butter London polish at Nordstrom the day after Christmas because there was a special going on that day- Buy 2 get 1 free:) The third free one that I got was HRH- didn't include on this post because they were out of stock so it's being shipped to me:)

Hard Candy eyeshadow duo can be purchased at Walmart That's where I bought mine, not sure where else it's available.

Bare Minerals READY Touch Up Mineral Veil in Translucent is available at Sephora online & in-store. You can also pick it up at Bare Escentuals on-line or at a boutique near you...

Revlon Color Burst Lip Balm in Pink Truffle can be purchased at your nearest drugstore: CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and Target...These are getting harder to find so you may have to check out several stores in your area.

ok....will end it here...I hauled some new drug store beauty stuff earlier today and will post those tomorrow!

Hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year!

xoxo,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...