Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Review: Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow: Cocker Spaniel

Introducing a brand new shadow line from Bare Escentuals Buxom line. These are called Buxom Stay-There shadows. The eye shadows are cutely named after our furry friends. There are currently 14 Stay-There shadows available for purchase (and more to come I hope). Some are now being included in kits with new colors which I do a separate review on soon! Part of the Buxom line is exclusively sold at Sephora (with the exception of the regular and Full color glosses). These pups come in at 0.12 oz/3.5g and retails for $17 US.

The concept behind these shadows is that they are long-wearing and are water-proof. These shadows remind me a bit of a mousse-like texture, yet they are not quite like that. The shadows can be used as base under regular eye shadows. They first apply sheer but can be buildable to the intensity you want.

As far as application, I have used my fingers to apply the color on my lid. I have also used the brush specifically made for these shadows.

The color I'm going to review for you is called Cocker Spaniel. It is a gorgeous shade of champagne pink. It is great for use as an all-over lid color, inner corner highlight and as an eyebrow highlight.

The only downside to these shadows, at least from my experience, is that the product - the shadow itself, pops out from the packaging. This particular shadow didn't but I have another one (will review soon) that literally popped out of the packaging. So, I suggest to be very gentle with these and not shake them upside down otherwise the product will go to waste.

Overall, I love these shadows- especially Cocker Spaniel. I only have 4 so far but will collect more of these pups soon. As mentioned, there are Buxom pups in upcoming kits and I will review those as soon as I try them.

Hope you give these pups a home in your makeup drawer!

Let me know if you've tried these or have tried anything from the Buxom line.

xoxo,
Lynn





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...