Monday, January 2, 2012

New Drugstore Beauty Buys: L'oreal, Maybelline, Wet 'n Wild + Garnier BB Cream

My first blog of the year! I think I'm off to a good start:)
Anyway, a recent trip to Walgreens and Rite Aid resulted in purchasing some new items - which I'm very excited about! Below are some of the items I picked up. I will post a review and more photos and swatches as soon as I've had a chance to try them. 

Let's start with the most anticipated eyeshadow release. It's the L'oreal 24 Hour Infallible Eye Shadow. I heard that this is dupe to the Georgio Armani Eyes to Kill eyeshadow. I can't wait to try these. I don't have the Armani eyeshadows-  so I hope that this is a good dupe for it. These eye shadows are part of the Infallible Never Fail Makeup Collection. This collection is suppose to deliver long wear capability with a comfortable lightweight feel. I bought 6 colors- so we'll see how these shadows wear.

Maybelline also came out with new shadows. These are the Color Tattoo 24 Hour eye shadows. I bought 4 basic colors. These have the same concept as that of the L'oreal Infallible shadows. I can't wait to test these out to see how they wear as well. I might come back for the Teal and Emerald color - love brights for Spring.

I also picked up the Color Riche Balm with SPF 15. I picked up three and I'm curious to see how they wear and overall feel and consistency of these. I like the fact that there's SPF with these balms. I'm definitely going to do a comparison review with the very popular Revlon Color Burst Lip Balm. Stay Tuned! There weren't much left to choose from when I bought these at Rite Aid - I did pick up the colors I knew I would wear.

Wet 'n Wild also came out with some new polishes. These are very basic and probably dupable color but I like them anyway.


The most exciting product I wanted to try and would probably do a thorough review at the end of the month is the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream in Medium/Deep. I've been wanting to try BB Creams for a long time except that the shades available doesn't suit my tan/olive skin tone. Tried these out today and so far I like it- review coming up....


So, I hope everyone is having an awesome first day of the year! Stay tuned for a review of the above items!

Talk soon! LynnGa

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, you got some really amazing things! I've heard nothing but good things about the L'Oreal eyeshadows - they're supposed to be amazing. I didn't know L'Oreal came out with those lip balms, they look really interest *adding to wishlist* And the BB Cream, I really want to try that too. Please let us know if you end up liking any of the products. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Summer! I sure will let you know how I like the products. I'm really excited for these. I haven't quite gotten around to trying them out but I will definitely post something soon. And the BB Cream, in short, I think it's awesome. I will probably do a full review before the end of the month! Are you picking up anything from the new collections?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...