Friday, August 24, 2012

NARS Joie De Vivre Cheek Palette and Dior's Purple Revolution

Well, this is a long overdue post:(

No excuse here but I have been busy in the last 3 months with work, family visits, weddings, travel and vacations, and more work (future posts to come). But I didn't want to miss out posting my latest beauty finds from Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale back in July. I feel pretty proud of myself with selecting items that I really love. Dior is fast becoming one of my favorite brands - specifically loving their nail polishes.

During the Anniversary sale, Dior's Purple Revolution Collection (so appropriately named and eye catching for me because purple is my favorite color), caught my attention. So, before going in to the store for the preview sale (Early Access for those with Nordstrom debit or credit cards which include a personal shopper...woo hoo), I had already made my list of items to buy.

There weren't many items that I felt the need to really have in the Beauty department with the exception of the items below.

What I had my eye on when I first saw it in the catalog is the Nordstrom NARS exclusive Cheek Palette in Joie De Vivre. I was disappointed that I missed out on the NARS palette from Sephora last year that I made I grabbed this palette.

The palette is gorgeous and includes 4 cheek colors, 1 highlighter and 1 bronzer. I think this is a great palette if you've always wanted to try a NARS blush (the famous Orgasm) or their highly coveted Laguna bronzer- which is included in this palette. There are 2 pink shades in the palette: Gaiety (flat pink, no shimmer) and Angelika (a bright, shimmery pink shade). Of the 2 pink shades, I liked Angelika the best.

I swatched all colors on the back of my hand. The only color that wouldn't show was the Laguna bronzer as the shade is so close so I had to swatch using my pinky finger.

I highly recommend this palette as it gives you the opportunity to try NARS blushes and bronzer.


Group shot: Nordstrom Exclusive: NARS Cheek Palette in Joie De Vivre, Dior's Purple Revolution Nail Lacquers in # 996, 783 & 981, Dior Addict Ultra Gloss #582


My other favorite pick from the Nordstrom sale is the DIOR Purple Revolution nail polishes.

My favorite is #783 in Shadow. Shadow is a very pretty purple with gold shimmers throughout. I will dedicated a blog post on this color soon. Orchid #981 is a berry/purple shade. Poison # 996 is a dark bluish purple. All colors are pretty and perfect for the Fall season.







And last, I love this gloss from the Dior Addict line. I love the pink/berry shade. Perfect on it's own or over your favorite lipstick. 














Joie De Vivre swatch top L to R: Albatross (highlighter), Gaiety, Luster               
                                 bottom L to R: Laguna (bronzer), Orgasm, Angelika





In other news: a recent trip to Canada for my cousin's wedding, I finally decided to try a Shellac manicure. I love it! I love how glossy my nails look. Definitely something I will get done again.

What is it about being away from the comforts of home that makes us try new things???


Hope you're all having a great week!

Aren't you glad the weekend is almost here???

xoxo, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...